- Turbidimeter costs less than $100 (for a production model),
- Reads samples with an accuracy of 0.05 NTU in the sample range 0-5 NTU, and 0.2 NTU in the range of 5-20 NTU,
- Reads samples with an accuracy of 5% in the range 20-1000 NTU,
- Can be operated manually, or in automated mode for continuous sampling,
- Transmits data to an Android phone, via USB connection or Bluetooth,
- Is powered by 2-4 AAA batteries,
- Can collect samples, automatedly, every 15-minutes for one month without needing new batteries.
Why Do It
Our hope is that by proliferating low-cost sampling technology like this turbidimeter, engineers, funders, and community technicians will be able to get a clearer picture of the areas they serve, enabling them to make better decisions and respond more quickly to problems as they arise.
Open Turbidimeter Project on Launchpad (this is where all the project info & bug reports live, and the most recent code).